This is handy if you have a lot of conversations at the same time and still read channels. mnogookonnyj-rezhim-vot-kak-ego-vkljuchit-6615f2d.jpg” alt=”Multi-window mode appeared in Telegram on Windows. Here's how to enable it” />
Telegram desktop version is testing a multi-window mode that allows you to open chats and channels in separate windows. While it is being tested in the beta version of the messenger, it works quite stably.
To enable it, you do not need to install any other version of the application. Everything is activated through the settings of the usual Telegram. Here's how to do it:
- Open the side menu on the left, select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”.
- At the very bottom of the window that opens, activate the switch “Install beta versions”.
- After these steps, Telegram will offer to update the application and restart – you only need to click one button.
- After restarting, open Settings → Advanced settings again and select Experimental settings
- Turn on the “New chat windows by Ctrl+Click” toggle switch.
That's all. Now, to open a channel or chat in a separate window, you just need to click on it with the mouse while holding down the Ctrl key. Windows can be resized, as can their position on the screen.
Perhaps this feature will appear with one of the updates and in the regular version of the messenger.
Cover: Microsoft, Lifehacker